Fees / Process
Understanding the Next Steps
In order to study in Canada for more than six months, Langley School District – International Students are required to have a valid study permit …
In this section you will find the correct admission forms needed to get you enrolled in the Langley School District – International Student Program …
FEES > ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY PROGRAMS FEES
2017/2018 FEES – Elementary and Secondary Programs
TOTAL FEE (Canadian dollars): $13,650.00*
*Total Amount Payable prior to receiving Letter of Acceptance
(Includes compulsory Medical Insurance, does not include homestay)
NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE $150.00
TUITION & MEDICAL FEE $13,500.00
TOTAL FEE $13,650.00
Custodian Fee: There is an additional one-time fee of $100 CAD if the Langley School District is required to act as the custodian for the Study Permit (Student Visa) application.
Homestay Placement Fee: $350 CAD This is a one-time fee to cover the costs of finding a homestay family
Airport Pickup Fee: $150 CAD This is a one-time fee used to contract a service to pick up the student at the airport and transport the student to the designated Homestay. Note this first-arrival fee applies only to students who will reside at a district Homestay.
Home Stay: $900.00 per month
(for additional nights, please add $30 per day)
REFUND POLICY – Elementary and Secondary Programs
**Please note that all refunds are subject to be a $200 processing fee**
- Full refund, less application fee ($150), if the Study Permit is not approved by the Canadian Embassy (student must include letter of rejection from the Embassy).
- Two-thirds (2/3) of $13,500 Tuition, if the student withdraws prior to the commencement of the program.
- One-half (1/2) of $13,500 Tuition, if the student withdraws any time between commencement of the program and the end of the first calendar month.
- No refund of fees if the student withdraws after the first calendar month of the program.
- If a student is dismissed from a Langley school, this constitutes dismissal from the entire Langley School District International Student Program. The student is then sent home at the expense of the parents and without a refund.
- Students receiving Permanent Resident status mid-year (October – June) will not receive a refund.
- Students who live with their parents and become Permanent Residents after tuition fees have been paid but before September 30th will receive a full refund less an administrative fee of $500. Please contact the District office for further details.
NOTE: An earlier refund deadline (2nd Friday of June) is in effect for Langley Fine Arts School, Blacklock Elementary Fine Arts School and Langley Fundamental School. Please contact the District Office for further details.
FEES > SUMMER PROGRAM FEES
Program Dates and Fees
2017 PROGRAM OPTIONS: July 30 – August 12
Program Fees Include:
- ELL Instruction by certified ELL teachers – Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing and Conversation
- An introduction to Canadian culture and history through a variety of field trips and activities
- Access to all scheduled activities
- Medical Insurance
Homestay Fees Include:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by Homestay
- Homestay – 2 week program includes 13 nights, 3 meals per day
Extra homestay nights for student departing late: $35 per night
Please note airfare is NOT included
Applying for Summer School Program, please check:
English Summer Camp2017 Schedule