Fees / Process
Understanding the Next Steps
In order to study in Canada for more than six months, Langley School District – International Students are required to have a valid study permit …
In this section you will find the correct admission forms needed to get you enrolled in the Langley School District – International Student Program …
FEES > ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY PROGRAMS FEES
2020/2021 FEES – Elementary and Secondary Programs
TOTAL FEE (Canadian dollars): $14,700.00*
*Total Amount Payable prior to receiving Letter of Acceptance
(Includes compulsory Medical Insurance, does not include homestay)
NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE $200.00
PROGRAM FEE $14,500.00
TOTAL FEE $14,700.00
Custodian Fee (Non-Refundable): There is an additional one-time fee of $100 CAD if the Langley School District is required to act as the custodian for the Study Permit (Student Visa) application.
Homestay Placement Fee (Non-Refundable): $350 CAD This is a one-time fee to cover the costs of finding a homestay family
Airport Pickup Fee (Non-Refundable): $175 CAD This is a one-time fee used to contract a service to pick up the student at the airport and transport the student to the designated Homestay. Note this first-arrival fee applies only to students who will reside at a district Homestay.
Home Stay: $900.00 per month
(for additional nights, please add $30 per day)
REFUND POLICY – Elementary and Secondary Programs
**Please note that all refunds are subject to be a $200 processing fee and the process takes 3-6 weeks after received all the required documents**
In the event that my child does not come to Canada or decides not to attend or to leave Langley School District’s International Programs, I agree that the following terms will apply:
- The application fee is non-refundable in any circumstances;
- For students in the International Programs, the following will apply:
- The full program fee, less the application fee ($200), will be refunded upon receipt of satisfactory evidence that the Study Permit was not approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Request for refund must include a letter of rejection from the Embassy.
- Two-thirds (2/3) of the program fee, less the application fee, will be refunded if the student withdraws prior to commencement of program; An earlier refund deadline of the 2nd Friday of June is in effect for Langley Fine Arts School and Langley Fundamental School.
- One half (1/2) of the program fee, less the application fee, will be refunded if the student withdraws within 30 calendar days of commencing the program; An earlier refund deadline of the 2nd Friday of July is in effect for Langley Fine Arts School and Langley Fundamental School.
- No refund will be granted, for any reason, if the student withdraws after the first calendar month of the program.
- If a student is dismissed from a Langley school, this constitutes dismissal from the entire Langley School District International Student Program. The student is then sent home at the parent’s expense and without a refund.
- Students receiving Permanent Resident status mid-year (September – June) will not receive a refund.
- Students who live with their parents and become Permanent Residents after program fees have been paid but before August 31st will receive a full refund less an administrative fee of $500. Please contact the District office for further details. An earlier refund deadline of the 2nd Friday of June is in effect for Langley Fine Arts School and Langley Fundamental School.
- Students who become non-fee paying after program fees have been paid but before August 31st will receive two-thirds (2/3) of the program fee, less administrative fee of $500. After August 31st, there will be no program fees refunded. Please contact the District office for further details. An earlier refund deadline of the 2nd Friday of June is in effect for Blacklock Elementary School, Langley Fine Arts School and Langley Fundamental School.