Langley School District Homestay
Our homestay team is dedicated to ensuring students are placed in quality homes with welcoming families. We strive to match students and families to a placement of their preference. We connect with all our students at the schools and visit homestays to ensure a safe and positive environment.
We have many different types of homestays. We like to match the home to the student as best as we can. Filling out your homestay application as best as possible will give you the best chance for a positive homestay experience.
New Host Families:
Hosting a student is a fun and rewarding experience. Our homestay team looks for families from all different backgrounds to provide a caring and supportive experience to our students. It is important for potential homestays to know that students will be dependent on host families to support adjusting to a different country.
Process to become a Homestay Family
- Application – Online
- Police Records Check
- Home visit to see all the rooms in the home and go over the program. This last roughly 1.5 hours.
- Student and term preference
- Participation Agreement
- We place students throughout the year with large fall and winter intakes
- Compensation $1,050 per month
- Busing is available for students who live outside of 4.8 km distance and attend DW Poppy and Langley Secondary.